If you have been accidentally involved in a car crash and you do not know how to act afterward, our team will be happy to help. Here is what you need to do:
- The first thing that you need to do even if the crash is a minor one is to get out of the car and check whether someone is injured.
- The next step will be to call the police and an ambulance if medical help is needed.
- Collect the personal and insurance details of the other driver, especially if he/she was at fault.
- Collect contact information of any eye witnesses that can support you in case you decide to file a lawsuit against the other vehicle owner if he/she was at fault.
- Contact a personal injury attorney immediately and discuss what your tactic will be. He/she can advise you on how to act when the police arrives and whether to be passive and remain silent until you get a public defender.
- Contact your own insurance company to inform them about the damage which you have sustained. They may offer to send an auto wrecker to pick up your vehicle and take it to a repair garage after the police arrives and prepares an official report.