Our Auto Wrecker Knows How Taking Your Car to a Junk Yard that Does Recycling Can Be Beneficial for You
If you have been involved in a severe car accident and your car is no longer drivable, we strongly recommend you to book an auto wrecker service and get your vehicle towed to a junkyard. If you are concerned about the environment and want to gain some profits from that, we recommend you to take your car to facility that offers recycling services as well. Here are a few reasons why you need to do it:
- Recycling only a single ton of steel saves: 1,400 pounds of coal, 2,500 pound of iron ore, and 120 pounds of limestone.
- Recycling one ton of steel oil filters saves: 1,700 pounds of steel, 10 cubic yards of landfill space, and 30 gallons of used oil.
- If only steel fenders were recycled, more than 8 million tons of raw material would be saved.
- If only aluminum wheels were recycled, it would save more than 1.70 billion kilowatt hours of energy.
- Recycling metal uses 75% less energy than making new metal. This is why, recycling old vehicles saves nearly 86 million barrels of oil per year.
- Recycling brake pads which contain 15% to 30% of copper saves a lot of landfill space and reduces the need for mining.
- Windshields and windows can also be recycled and used for the production of asphalt and artificial sand. In fact, recycling glass is proven to reduce the air pollution in the US with as much as 20% and water pollution with 50%.
Around 70 million tons of steel are recycled in the US every year. Most of it is used for car production. Many local auto wrecker companies and junkyards will offer you really good money for a vehicle which is severely damaged and can no longer be driven. If you take advantage of their offer, you will also get some financial benefits from recycling your old car. If you are interested, contact Premier Towing and Recovery of Staten Island, NY for more information. We are available at (718) 878-5156!What are the Benefits of Recycling Your Vehicle? by admin411